You can deactivate a user if you no longer want them to have access to the Testwise system.
Deactivate is the process of moving older user records (or users that are no longer required) to a different location on the platform. You may want to deactivate users if an employee leaves the school or changes their role within the school and no longer needs access to Testwise.
Whenever you deactivate a user, they are no longer displayed in the Users List, and you cannot change their details (unless they are reactivated).
When viewing the Users List, you can display all deactivated users by selecting the Show Deactivated Users Only check box in the Filter Pane.
You can restore deactivated users if you want to reverse the deactivation process, which means that any reactivated users will reappear in the Users List.
Note: You can only access the Users functional area if you have the relevant user permissions. The School Admin user role can access this area, but the Teacher role does not have access to this area.
How to deactivate users
1. Click on the Users button on the home screen. All existing users are displayed within the Users List.
2. Select the user you want to deactivate by clicking the check box to the left of the User Name. You can select multiple users if required. Each time you click the Check box for a user, you will notice the following changes:
- The Check box changes colour .
- The total number of users you have selected is displayed on the Deactivate button in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. To deactivate the selected user(s), click the Deactivate button.
4. Click the Yes button in the message box asking you to confirm the archiving of the selected user(s).
A green 'User(s) Successfully Deactivated' message will appear in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
The deactivated user will no longer appear in the User List.
5. To return to the home screen, click on the Home button.