You can deactivate a Sitting if you no longer want it to be displayed in the Sittings List.
Deactivation is the process of moving older Sittings (or Sittings that are no longer required) to a different location on the platform. You would normally deactivate a Sitting if you wanted to reduce the number of Sittings that appear in the Sittings List. This could be because you want to make the Sittings List more manageable, thus making it easier for you to find current and newer Sittings.
After you deactivate a Sitting, the following will happen:
- The sitting will no longer be displayed in the Sittings List.
- You will no longer be able to change details of the Sitting (unless it is reactivated).
- Any unused credits from Students who did not use their access codes to log into the Sitting, will be returned to the 'Remaining Credits Total' once the Test Start Period has elapsed, indicating that the Sitting has expired.
Any students still in the Sitting can continue taking their tests using their access codes, up until the Sitting expires.
When viewing the Sittings List, you can display all deactivated Sittings by checking the Show Deactivated Sittings Only box in the Filter Pane.
You can restore deactivated Sittings if you want to reverse the deactivation process, which means any restored Sittings will now reappear in the Sittings List.
How to deactivate Sittings
1. Click on the Sittings button on the home screen. All existing Sittings are displayed in the Sittings List.
2. Find the Sitting(s) you want to deactivate and click the check box to the left of each of those Sitting Names. You can select multiple Sittings at one time.
Each time you tick the check box for a Sitting, the following changes will occur:
- The check box will change colour .
- The total number of Sittings you have selected will be displayed on the Deactivate button at the top-right corner of the screen.
3. To deactivate the selected Sitting(s), click the Deactivate button .
4. Click the Yes button in the message box asking you to confirm the deactivation of the selected Sitting(s). A green 'Sitting(s) Successfully Deactivated' message will appear in the bottom-right corner of the screen. The deactivated Sittings will no longer appear in the Sittings List.
5. If you want to display deactivated Sittings, you can tick the 'Show Deactivated Sittings Only' check box in the Filter Pane. The Sitting you just deactivated will now be displayed. To display the active Sittings List again, untick the 'Show Deactivated Sittings Only' check box.
6. To return to the home screen, click the Home button .