GL Assessment offers a hand scoring service for users of our paper-based assessments. Designed to take the work out of marking, managing and interpreting your data, the services deliver fast and accurate results that can be tailored to your needs.
How does it work?
- Supply pupil data: a Pupil Data file needs to be sent to GL Assessment via email. You can do this by exporting data from your school’s Management Information System and matching it against the Pupil Data File template. Delays will be avoided if the data file is submitted prior to sending the pupils’ booklets.
- Administer the test: You administer the test, requesting that pupils write their answers on the answers or booklets provided.
- Return answers: Return the answer sheets to our Scoring & Reporting Service division. The address can be found here
- Scoring: GL Assessment scan and score the tests within 15 working days of receipt
- Uploading of data: Results are uploaded into the Testwise Reporting Service (TRS) our online reporting system, and the standard reports are created as PDF and Excel files
- Email notification: You are sent an email notification when your reports are ready. You can then access your reports online by entering TRS using the secure customer login supplied
- Additional reports: These can easily be requested at this stage. For some assessments this is subject to an additional cost
- Invoicing: Schools/Clusters will be invoiced by Education after the reports are made available
Your data is never deleted so you can continue to request progress reports as long as you keep using the same UPN for each pupil. If you choose to switch scoring services, you can "take your data with you" as long as you continue to use the original set of UPNs, adding new ones to your pupil data file when necessary.
Your reports are kept on TRS for 6 months at which point they are archived. You can request to have these unarchived, however, we recommend that you download your reports as soon as they are made available on TRS.
Pricing and Ordering
The hand scoring service is available on a cost per pupil basis. It includes a group PDF report and additional reports are available.
|£4.00 per pupil
|Number of pupils
|Price per pupil
|Group report (PDF)
|Included in price
|Individual pupil report (PDF)
|£0.55* per pupil
|£105.00* per report
|Cluster excel report
|£200* per report
Speed up Hand Scoring with the Overprinting Service
To make administration and scoring more efficient for users of the paper based assessments and the hand scoring service, we offer a time-saving Overprinting Service. This involves the printing of candidate name, date of birth and other details such as Pupil Registration Number or School Number onto your Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) answer sheets. This enables scoring to be carried out using a scanner called a DRS Optical Mark Reader and speeds up the turnaround time for making the reports available online.