Hospitals, self-employed practitioners and other medical professionals

Hospitals and other appropriately qualified specialist assessors or medical professionals

Some of our assessments are available to customers who are not affiliated with a school. Please refer to the guidance below which outlines the professional qualifications required to purchase and administer the assessments. Any assessment not listed below cannot be purchased by hospitals or other appropriately qualified specialist assessors or medical professionals.

[1] These persons must hold specialist SEND or assessor qualifications.

[2] Exact is available for purchase by schools, qualified teachers, other educational institutions and some other professionals connected with education. When used as evidence to support part 2 of the JCQ Form 8 application, JCQ AARA specifies that the assessment must be carried out by a suitably qualified person. Please refer to JCQ AARA guidance for details of the current qualification requirements

[3] LADS Plus can be used in any adult setting whether educational or employment-related, e.g., universities or higher education colleges, further education colleges, sixth form colleges, adult literacy centres, dyslexia centres, basic skills centres, learning support units, prison and youth offender education units, careers centres, employment centres and workplaces.


As well as creating an online account, all customers must provide qualifications for online orders to be dispatched. This is a one-off process and, in most cases, will be completed without us needing to contact you, but we may ask you to demonstrate your qualifications if you are new to GL Assessment. The information you provide enables us to identify which assessments you are eligible to purchase and administer, so please provide as much detail as possible. Copies of qualifications must be produced and failure to do so will delay the process of your application. For international customers, equivalent accredited international qualifications are accepted.

Job title Qualifications Registration
Educational Psychologist DEdPscyh HCPC
Clinical Psychologist DClinPsych HCPC
Neuro Psychologist MSc Clin NeuroPsych HCPC
Health Psychologist DPsych HCPC
Trainee Psychologist Trainee psychologist qualification  
Speech & Language Therapist MSc in SLT HCPC
Occupational Therapist MSc in OT HCPC
Paediatrician MRCPCH GMC Reference number
Psychiatrist MRCPsych GMC Reference number
GP MRCGP GMC Reference number
Specialist Teacher A specialist teacher/assessor will be registered with an appropriate professional organisation, hold a current assessment practising certificate and/or a certificate demonstrating the completion of a post- graduate course at or equivalent to Level 7

Please note that some of our assessments which require qualifications cannot be sent to a home address.  If you have any queries, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].