Once you have a sufficient quantity of test data for one or more students, you can create a report to view their test results.
The report process involves a number of steps, which are shown in the report creation process diagram below.
Each step in the diagram is described in detail in the procedure below.
To create a report
1. Click the Reports button from the home screen.
All existing reports are displayed within the Reports List.
Find report type
2. Click the Create report button to display the Report Selection List. This list contains all the reports that are available to you based on the services you have purchased.
You will be able to create some of the reports displayed within the Report Selection List but not all of them. The column on the right defines which reports you can create based upon the data available for each one.
3. Find the report you want to create by using one or more of the following methods:
- Filter the list to reduce the number of reports displayed on your screen. Filters that may be of particular interest to you include the following:
Only Show Reports I Can Generate
Report Type and Tests Taken
- View detailed information about each report by examining the contents of the following columns:
Report Type - Includes report format and recommended audience for the report.
Report Description - Click the Report Description button to view a detailed description of the contents of the report. Click OK to close the window after viewing the information contained within it.
Sample - Click the Sample link to access a sample of the report.
- If a Load More button is displayed at the bottom of the Report Selection List, not all reports are currently displayed on the screen. Click the Load More button to display the next 100 reports.
Create a report
4. Once you have found the report you want to create, click the Create report button alongside it.
The Report Details screen is displayed, showing the list of students who can be included within the report.
Note: If a student has taken the test more than once in the same academic year, only the latest test data will be displayed.
5. Select the students who you want to include in the report by clicking the check box to the left of each student’s name.
Each time you click the check box for a student, notice the following:
The check box changes colour.
The total number of students you have selected is displayed within the Define Report Settings button, in the top right corner of the screen.
Define report settings
6. Click the Define Report Settings button to display the Report Settings box.
7. Within the Report Settings box:
a View the information within the following read-only fields:
b Enter the Report Name, which can contain up to 100 characters and is a mandatory field. The Report Name is the name that you will use to find the report within the Reports List.
c Enter information in any other fields that may be displayed. Different types of reports contain different types of information, therefore the fields at the bottom of this box may change depending upon which report you are creating.
One of the fields displayed may be the Include Logo in Report option. If a logo has been added to your school’s account details you will have the option to include your school logo on the front page of the report. Select the Include Logo in Report check box if you want your school logo to appear on the front page of the report.
Generate a report
8. Click the Generate report button.
The Report List will be displayed, showing the report you just generated at the top of the list.
Preview or download a report
9. If you want to view or download a report, click the Actions button displayed alongside the report, and then click the Preview button or the Download button.
Note: You can also download multiple reports in a batch rather than downloading each one individually. Multiple reports are automatically compressed, grouped together and saved within a single zip file.
10. To return to the home screen, click the Home button.